Mold: Hazards & Health Risks
Mold in homes causes numerous problems. They go beyond an unpleasant smell or unsightly stains on carpets, walls or ceilings. No one wants those things in their home, of course, but it also contributes to a number of health problems, some quite serious.
Health issues due to mold problems include all sorts of respiratory problems, such as asthma attacks. Even the development of asthma in people that previously showed no signs of the condition have been reported. These hazards include Chronic sinus infections, sore throats, runny noses, watery eyes and coughing will begin to develop and you need to act fast to clear the affected areas. Other common health problems include headaches, fatigue and depression. Young children, elderly people, people with existing respiratory problems and disorders of the immune system are more susceptible to health problems. But even healthy adults can be affected.
Basement Solutions 911 can test for the presence of mold. Chances are you know it if you have moisture issues in your home. You’ll start to see and/or smell the mold growing. If you believe you are suffering health problems caused by growth in your home, you need to have a specialist come in to treat the areas. It is NOT recommended you attempt to remediate yourself. Even after a trained specialist clears the area you should have another test completed to make sure everything has been removed. Just because all visible growth has been removed, that does not mean your problem is gone. If even trace amounts are left behind, your home is still in jeopardy. Physically removing the affected areas is only one part of the job.
Proper mold remediation should include eliminating the source. Which is usually due to excess moisture, humidity, water intrusion and poor air ventilation.
At Basement Solutions 911 we use a full approach to mold remediation. We will eliminate the source and use our dry ice blasting remediation technique to get rid of the mold. Dry ice blasting is effective, safe, clean and fast. It kills mold spores on contact, and it leaves no mess behind.