Mold and mildew can be a massive problem in basements, especially during winter. If you have trouble with mold and mildew in your basement, don’t worry – we have solutions for every situation. It is important to learn about the most common causes of mold and mildew in basements, as well as some solutions that will help you get rid of the problem for good.
Causes and Solutions of Mold and Mildew
If you are having trouble with mold and mildew in your basement, identify the source of the problem, then look for solutions that fit your need. Beyond your comprehension, mold removal companies in Philadelphia, PA, and basement solutions in Royersford, PA are a dime a dozen. It’s essential to find one with your best interest at heart and won’t take advantage of you.
1) Excess moisture. The solution to excess moisture is to install a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers will extract moisture from the air, which will help to reduce the amount of mold and mildew.
2) Lack of ventilation. The solution to improper ventilation is to install an exhaust fan in the basement. Consider increasing airflow into your basement by installing vents on the floor. Circulation of fresh air will help reduce the amount of moisture, preventing mold and mildew growth.
3) Improper insulation, particularly in the basement ceiling. The solution is to install proper insulation in the basement. Good insulation will help keep the warm air in during the winter months, and it will also help prevent moisture from building up and causing the ideal problems.
4) Leaks or Seeping water. The solution is to fix the pipes as soon as possible. If you cannot fix the pipes yourself, call a plumber to do the job for you. Mold spores thrive in high humidity levels, so controlling moisture is one way to inhibit or stop growth.
5) You need to clean the basement regularly and keep it clutter-free. Cleaning will help reduce the amount of moisture in the air, and it will also make it easier to spot any signs of mold or mildew.
If you have trouble with mold and mildew in your basement, you can contact us. We will help you identify the source of the problem and find the right solution for you. We specialize in installing dehumidifiers, exhaust fans, and insulation, so we know precisely how to eliminate these ideal problems in basements. Contact us today for a free consultation.