Mold: The Health Risks
Mold in your home is very dangerous to your health. Even more dangerous is what is known as “Black Mold.”
If you suspect that you have black mold in your home, please call us at 877-495-9111 asap.
Unsure what black mold is, please watch this short video:
If you see white streaks on the walls or notice a musty smell in your basement, kitchen, bathroom or crawl space, then you most likely have amold problem.
What exactly is mold?
Mold comes from the Fungi kingdom, usually thought of as mushrooms and yeasts. Mold and fungi grow on water and dead organic matter. This is why basements, crawl spaces, or rooms in the home where water meets with wood or sheetrock are so prone to having mold and black mold.
Why is black mold so much more dangerous than other types of mold?
Although black mold grows and spreads in much the same way that other molds do, there is one key difference:
When black mold reproduces, it gives off a harmful substance called mycotoxins. These chemicals get into the air of our homes and we breathe them in. This is where much of the health damage is done.
For those with weak or not fully developed immune systems like small children, the elderly or small pets, the effects of mycotoxins can be fatal.
Please, give us a call at 877-495-9111 now to get a free inspection and to get that harmful mold out of your home asap.